Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Denver.

I loved Denver. We arrived at 3:30 am because of the thunderstorm but we spent the whole next day walking around and exploring the city. We ate at a really good Thai place called Swing Thai which had a 3-5pm happy hour where Pad Thai was $5 with any beverage purchase. I tried my first glass of Thai iced tea with coconut milk. It was BANGIN'. What I really enjoyed about Denver was not just the beautiful views of the Colorado Rockies surrounding the city but the eclectic mix of outdoorsy and artsy people. In the streets were pianos with murals on them where anyone who could play could sit down and play a tune when they felt like it. There were all sorts of people playing the pianos. It kind of made me think how music brings people together and creates community among those who may not have been friends or acquaintances before.

No comments:

Post a Comment