Sunday, September 12, 2010

California Girls.





Ahh yes. 3 relaxing days in LA. Mary and I skipped the Grand Canyon to relax from all of the driving. We spent probably an entire day in bed, with my cousins four miniature dogs jumping all over us. We tried going to the beach but it was gloomy and cold. Mary somehow still got sunburned. I naturally took a nap. It was our day to "veg" out. We watched loads of TV and at night we actually got to meet up with the boys we went to Europe with last summer. It was so nice to see them. Boy, how I missed their English accents.

The next day I took Mary to see my favorite parts of LA. We went to the Santa Monica Pier. Then had lunch at a restaurant called Lemonade, which has the BEST lemonade I have ever had. I had Blueberry Mint Lemonade. THE BEST. Their food is also delicious. They are set up in a cafeteria way where you go down the line and tell the people behind the counter what to put on your plate. All of the ingredients are really fresh and everything they served was unique. We also went to the Venice Canals which is where my dream home stands. I love it there. If you ever go to LA, please take 10 minutes and walk through the canals.

We also went to The Getty Center which is a huge art museum on the top of a hill. It overlooks all of LA. They were having a free concert at 6pm. We got stuck in traffic for about an hour. We also realized while in this traffic LA drivers are the worst. We waited patiently in the traffic and got cut numerous times by douche bags in their Mercedes. We got to see the sunset over LA and hear a band called The Antlers. The lights from the city and at the Getty Center were beautiful. It was our last night in LA and I was so happy to spend it there.


No comments:

Post a Comment