Friday, September 10, 2010

Flagstaff,AZ.



Wow. The roads through Arizona were nuts. Our little Versa was cruisin' through. The rocks were beautiful though. We jumped out of our car a few times to take pictures of the landscape. After our 3rd long drive in a row we were SO HAPPY to be in a hostel in a city we could easily walk around. We got into our room and jumped on the bottom bunks of the bunk beds, called our best friend who was about to depart for China and then went out and explored.

We ended up in a spanish restaurant/bar where I had a delicious bowl of chicken fajita soup and friend plantains and listened to a little live music. Then I looked into my drink and there were 4 flies in it!! I was so mad. We decided to leave on that note and started to wander around. We realized we were on historic Route 66 so we took a touristy picture. We tried going to a few bars but on a monday night nothing was really going on. I decided to go the old lady route and hit the hay.

The next morning we were supposed to go to the Grand Canyon. I still feel guilty about skipping it but after all that driving I just wanted to get to LA and lay on the beach. So that is exactly what we did. We went out for breakfast in Flagstaff and then hit the road. Sorry Grand Canyon, I'll catch ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment